Last updated on April 8, 2020.
1. Trustle and Your Personal Information
- When we refer to "Trustle", "we", "us" or "our" in this Policy, we mean Trustle Technologies Pte. Ltd. which is a private limited company incorporated and registered in Singapore under registration number 201910479 with registered office at 1 North Bridge Rd, #08-08 High Street Centre, Singapore 179094 that acts as the controller or processor of your information. When we refer to "you," "your," "yours", and "Users" we refer to the registered users and visitors of our website at https://trustle.net ("Website").
2. What Personal Information We Collect
- When you register to use the Website, buy and sell licenses to any content as the User, in order to provide the services to you, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- contact information such as your full name and email address;
- profile data, including your username and password, details about your purchases and the content that you upload to Trustle (including item descriptions), your Linkedin profile address, your areas of practice and your home country;
- your actions on the Website (including any selections or inputs into items) and web and email analytics data.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
- We collect Personal Information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through third parties when you use services associated with the Website.
- We collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items on the Website, subscribe to newsletters, email lists, submit feedback, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
4. Information from Third Parties
- We collect certain categories of Personal Information about you from third parties. In particular:
- financial and/or transaction details from payment providers (Stripe and Paypal) in order to process a transaction;
- third party service providers (like Google, Facebook), which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
- other third party sources/and or partners whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. We also receive information about you and your activities on and off the Trustle through partnerships.
5. How We Use Personal Information
- We will use your Personal Information:
- To create an account for you on Trustle.
- To the extent required for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests, including:
- providing Users with the content available on the Website;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to the Website;
- helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- technical analysis to determine how to improve the Website
- updating you with news and information about the Website
- monitoring activity on the Website;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries or asking for your feedback;
- improving our products and services;
- providing general administrative and performance functions.
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court or law enforcement authorities.
6. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
- Trustle may disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- its directors, officers and employees;
- subcontractors and service providers, to the extent required for the operation of the Website and other operational matters), in particular: website and application hosting providers, marketing and analytics services, technical and customer support services; subscription management services; payment processing services; identification verification services; and operational tooling services.
- professional advisory services providers (accountants, lawyers, financial and business consultants etc.);
- government authorities and regulators in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or suspected illegal activity;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so.
7. Protection of Personal Information
- The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Website is protected in several ways:
- Your profile is secured with a password of your choice which is encrypted. You password should be strong, alpha-numeric and should not be divulged to any third party.
- Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to Trustle.
- Your Personal Information is stored on secure virtual servers operated by our hosting providers that only selected Trustle personnel and contractors have access to via password.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using transport layer security technology.
- While we take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology to use these measures protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is perfectly secure.
8. Access to Personal Information
- Upon request Trustle will provide you with information about and access to your Personal Information that we process. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. For security purposes, certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support. We will respond to your request promptly within a reasonable timeframe.
9. Cookies and Other Information
- The Website may automatically collect information as you browse, such as browser type and version, internet service provider, operating system and device type, average time spent on the Website, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address and other statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and data. Trustle does this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality.
- We may use technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts, analytics services and services to provide site features and functionality. We use these technologies to analyze trends, administer the Website, track Users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
10. EU Data Protection
- We act as a ‘data controller’ of your Personal Information for the purposes of the applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests. Where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding your privacy in writing at 1 North Bridge Rd, #08-08 High Street Centre, Singapore 179094 or at email@example.com.